Publication Date: October 15th 2015
Genres: New Adult, Romance, Suspense
Author Reading :D
Enter for your chance to win a signed copy of The Butterfly Code
Quiz: What Kind of Fictional Character Are You?
Sue Wyshynski is the author of the new release, The Butterfly Code.
To celebrate the launch of her new fictional star, Aeris Thorne, Sue created this fun quiz.
What kind of fictional character would you be?
Test yourself and find out!
1. In The Butterfly Code, Aeris meets Hunter at a nightclub. It's your turn. A stranger you find attractive makes eye contact across a crowded dance floor.
- a) You smile politely, and then move inconspicuously closer in hopes of meeting.
- b) You raise your drink in salute and watch to see his response.
- c) You smile brightly, then bite your lip and worry that you were being too obvious.
- d) You weave through the crowd, walk right up, and invite him to dance.
2. Aeris' best friend disapproves of her crush. It's your turn. How do you handle this challenge?
- a) You state that you like him and you really hope she will come around.
- b) You keep both happy by spending quality time with your friend away from your crush.
- c) You are disappointed and worried about how to bridge the gap between them.
- d) You try to investigate what it is exactly that's making your friend feel this way.
3. In The Butterfly Code, Aeris faces some nerve-wracking situations. It's your turn. You arrive home to find a strange man escaping from your house.
- a) You whip out your phone and race after him to try and snap a photo for investigators.
- b) You retreat to a safe place and call the police.
- c) You search your house and the surrounding area for victims that may be hurt.
- d) You hurry inside to investigate what he was after.
4. Aeris is caught in frustrating situations. It's your turn. You run out of gas on a country road.
- a) You grab the gas can you always carry in your trunk and flag down a ride to the nearest station.
- b) You pull out your phone and call AAA.
- c) You call a family member or your best friend to bring you some gas.
- d) You use your GPS to find the shortest walking distance between you and a gas station.
5. In The Butterfly Code, it seems everyone has an opinion about what Aeris should do in a certain situation. It's your turn. Everyone wants to tell you what to do.
- a) You politely tell them that you know what to do and you plan to do it.
- b) You listen to everyone's advice and then make your decision.
- c) You make a list of all the pros and cons before you decide how to proceed.
- d) You've made your decision, but you'll let people weigh in.
If you answered mostly a's, you are: An Analyst. Think Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games), Sarah (Orphan Black). You radiate self-confidence, and you're somewhat mysterious to the rest of the world. You're an idealist and believe anything is possible with the right amount of effort. You stand by your principles and are wise beyond your years. Remember that a romantic partner may not always stand up to your ideals, but they have other gifts worthy of your admiration!
If you answered mostly b's, you are: A Diplomat. Think Daenerys Targaryen (Game of Thrones). You radiate authenticity and your charismatic nature lights up a room. In relationships, you're a team player and romantic partners feel comfortable placing their trust in you. Your passion makes people want to be around you. Be cautious about your openness and sensitivity as that can sometimes cause you to get hurt.
If you answered mostly c's, you are: A Sentinel. Think Hermione Granger (Harry Potter). You radiate honesty, patience, and responsibility. You are kind and have a deep caring for others. You make a truly dedicated partner and have strong family values. You will put a lot of effort into making your union a happy one. Remember that sometimes it's okay to bend the rules and try new things.
If you answered mostly d's, you are: An Explorer. Think Captain Janeway (Star Trek Voyager). You radiate curiosity and a cool rationalism. You love exploring and troubleshooting, and you seek out people with independent points of view. Romantic partners are drawn to your optimism and lust for life. Sometimes you need to actively focus on relaxing and opening up, but it's worth the effort.
What kind of fictional character is Aeris Thorne? An Analyst, a Diplomat, a Sentinel, or an Explorer? Read The Butterfly Code and find out!
I am so grateful to my host for having me as a guest on this blog. Thanks to everyone for letting me share a little bit about how I write!
Drop me a line any time, I can be found at suewyshynski.com. I’d love to hear from you.
My friends say Hunter Cayman’s dangerous.
They say he's a threat to everyone in town.
I’m not so sure.
As he stands before me in this crowded club with the lights shining around us, I catch something good under Hunter’s dark facade. Something decent and profound.
I don’t know who or what to believe.
But I will find out the truth.
Aeris Thorne is expecting a restful vacation in the remote town of Deep Cove. But on a stormy night, she meets the alluring and mysterious Hunter Cayman, and her life takes an exhilarating turn.
Aeris is both drawn to him and determined to find out what he’s hiding. It’s clear Hunter has found success with the high-security lab on his vast estate. But what Aeris doesn’t know is that he’s tormented by a secret: the truth behind his research.
As he and Aeris are drawn together, the walls he’s built to protect himself threaten to crumble. At the same time, she begins to wonder if she’s found the key to unraveling her own tragic past. When Aeris’s life is threatened, Hunter is forced to make an impossible decision about her future—one that could change everything.
Sue Wyshynski's writing style has been described as immersive, emotional, and action-packed.
According to Sue, "Writers must do more than write; they must try to speak to the hearts of the world."
The Butterfly Code, coming this fall, is Sue's first New Adult romantic suspense.